Chocolate & Salted Caramel Banoffee Pies15.10.2018
These work equally well as an afternoon treat as they do as a dessert.
A great recipe from Waitrose.
If you don’t have time to make and chill the cases, pick up a pack of Waitrose 6 Sweet Pastry Cases instead.
- 260g plain chocolate digestive biscuits
- 40g Waitrose Duchy Organic English Salted Butter, melted
- 250g jar Waitrose 1 Salted Caramel Dipping Sauce
- 2 or 3 Waitrose Duchy Organic Bananas, sliced
- 200ml Waitrose Duchy Organic Double Cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 10g organic dark chocolate, chilled
- Pulse the biscuits in a food processor until fi nely crushed. Tip into a bowl and stir through the melted butter. Roughly line 6 x 8-9cm fl uted tart cases with a square of cling film (large enough to hang over the edges). Divide the biscuit mix between the cases, pressing evenly and firmly with the back of a spoon. Chill for at least 2 hours or ideally overnight.
- Use the cling film to ease the bases out, then discard the cling film. Spread the caramel sauce on top, then add all but 6 of the banana slices, dividing evenly between the pies. Whisk the cream and vanilla to soft peaks, then spoon a dollop onto each pie. Finish each with a grating of dark chocolate and a reserved slice of banana. Serve immediately or chill until ready to eat (the pies will keep for up to 24 hours).