Baked Pumpkin Gratin with Rosemary & Goat’s Cheese26.10.2018
This is a great recipe for using up pumpkin after you've carved them ready for #Halloween.
A delicious, rich, Autumnal recipe courtesy of Waitrose.
This also works well with butternut squash.
- 900g Waitrose Small Pumpkin, peeled, deseeded and cubed (or 1 large butternut squash)
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 300ml vegetable stock (or white wine)
- 150ml essential Waitrose Single Cream
- 25g pumpkin seeds
- 25g white breadcrumbs
- 50g mild goat’s cheese, grated
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC, gas mark 4. Place the pumpkin or squash in a shallow 2-litre ovenproof dish or roasting tin. Scatter over the garlic, rosemary, cumin and seasoning. Pour in the stock and bake for 40–45 minutes until the squash is almost tender.
- Increase the oven temperature to 200ºC, gas mark 6. Pour the cream over the pumpkin and scatter with the pumpkin seeds, breadcrumbs and goat’s cheese. Return to the oven for a further 12–15 minutes until the top is bubbling and golden. Serve with a green salad and crusty bread.