Raspberry Mint Cooler09.8.2019
A refreshing recipe courtesy of Cartwright & Butler.
For an alcoholic version, this works well with clear spirits such as vodka and gin.
- Muslin cloth or very fine sieve
- A funnel
- 1 tbsp Cartwright & Butler Loose Mint Tea
- 1 heaped tbsp caster sugar
- 250g raspberries
- 1lt cloudy lemonade
- Crushed ice
- Handful of raspberries
- Fresh mint
- Sprinkle the loose tea into a saucepan along with the caster sugar. Pour in 200ml water and place over a gentle heat. Heat the water to a gentle simmer.
- When the sugar has dissolved, add the raspberries and continue to gently cook for a further 5 minutes until the raspberries fully break down.
- Pass the raspberry and mint mixture through a muslin cloth, discarding of the raspberry and mint tea pulp.
- Using a funnel, pour the syrup into a bottle and store in the fridge until ready to use.
- When serving, mix half the syrup with 1lt cloudy lemonade, crushed ice and fresh raspberries and mint - this will make approximately 8 servings. Reseal the bottle and store the remaining syrup in the fridge for 7 days.