The Groovy Food Company Chunky Coconut & Cherry Biscuits23.5.2018
The Groovy Food Company is an award-winning British brand committed to sourcing and producing natural foods that taste delicious and nourish the body’s overall health and wellbeing.
To view the full collection of The Groovy Food Company’s recipes please visit www.groovyfood.co.uk/recipes
To celebrate National Biscuit Day on 29th May, The Groovy Food Company have given us this recipe to share. If you’re a fan of shortbread you’ll love these coconutty biscuits. If they aren’t all gobbled up, they’ll keep for 3 days in a sealed container. Coconut oil is usually solid at room temperature but if it’s a hot day or you’ve got the heating on it may melt and become liquid – just pop the jar in the fridge to firm it up.
Makes about 24 biscuits
- 125g The Groovy Food Company Organic Virgin Coconut Oil, solid (at room temp)
- 75g golden caster sugar or xylitol
- 1 egg, beaten
- 225g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 25g cornflour
- 85g glace or dried cherries, chopped
- 3 tbsp desiccated coconut
- Whisk together the coconut oil and sugar with electric beaters until pale and creamy. Add a pinch of salt and the remaining ingredients, except the desiccated coconut and cherries, then whisk to combine - the mixture should resemble breadcrumbs. Stir through cherries then get your hands in and squeeze firmly to form a dough.
- Shape into two 14cm logs, wrap in cling film twisting the ends like a cracker, and chill for 20 mins.
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4 and line two trays with baking parchment. Slice the dough into circles about 1cm thick, a serrated knife works well, and space well on the trays. Scatter over the desiccated coconut and very lightly push down on each biscuit with the palm of your hand. Bake for 15 mins until golden. Leave to cool on the trays for 10 mins, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.