Whipped Goats Cheese Biscuit Sandwich Canapes06.8.2019
A great recipe courtesy of Cartwright & Butler.
Wow you friends and family with these tasty, posh picnic canapés, made using Cartwright & Butler cheese biscuits.
- A piping bag
- 250g soft goats cheese
- 3 - 4 tbsp milk or cream
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh herbs we used herbs, chives and parsley
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 2 cooked beetroot
- 1 pack Cartwright & Butler Cheese Biscuits
- In a bowl whisk together the goat’s cheese and milk/cream. Sprinkle in the herbs along with a pinch of salt and pepper and combine all the ingredients together. Spoon the mixture into a piping bag and set aside whilst you prepare the beetroot.
- Cut the beetroot into thin slices. Cut into half-moon shapes the same size as the cheese biscuit. Place slices on kitchen roll to absorb excess beetroot juice.
- When ready to assemble, pipe half the biscuits with a layer of whipped goat’s cheese. Top the goat’s cheese layer with the sliced beetroot and sandwich together with another biscuit.
- Repeat this process until all the biscuits have been used. Any leftover cheese can be served in a small ramekin making a nice addition to a cheese board.